There are some players in this football fraternity who dedicated their lives to this beautiful game and gave their sweat and blood for their beloved teams and won the respect and love from the onlookers for their dedication and love for the game.
When Fans all over the world talk about Liverpool the one name that comes first in their mind is the furious captain who stood beside the club in their good and bad days and gives his everything for the club.
Steven Gerrard Biography:
Table Of Content
- 1 Steven Gerrard Biography:
- 2 Steven Gerrard Family:
- 3 Steven Gerrard Career:
- 4 Steven Gerrard Retirement:
- 5 Steven Gerrard Post Retirement:
- 6 Steven Gerrard Records & Achievements:
- 7 Steven Gerrard Net Worth:
- 8 Steven Gerrard Social Media Handles:
He is the one who started his journey with the English giants Liverpool though got several offers from around the world but never walk away from the club and always stand beside with his club, The Englishman got the Character which made him what he is right now.
In respect to the club once Steven Gerrard said: “When I die, don’t bring me to the hospital. Bring me to Anfield. I was born there and will die there.”.
Steven Gerrard Family:
Steven Gerrard Family comprises with his father Named Paul Gerrard, and his mother’s name is Julie Ann Gerrard, and with wife Alex Curran, and with his four children named Lexie Gerrard, Lilly-Ella Gerrard, Lourdes Gerrard, and Lio Gerrard. Steven Gerrard and Alex Curran tied their knot on 16 June 2007.
The ceremony took place at Cliveden House Hotel in Taplow, Buckinghamshire, and con incidentally on the same day when Gerred tied his knot, his other fellow countryman Gary Neville and Michael Carrick, were married the same day.
- Steven Gerrard was born on 30th May 1980.
- His father’s name is Paul Gerrard.
- His mother’s name is Julie Ann Gerrard.
- On 16th July 2007, Steven Gerrard married the love of his life Alex Curran.
- His Children’s names are Lexie Gerrard, Lilly-Ella Gerrard, Lourdes Gerrard, and Lio Gerrard.
Steven Gerrard Career:
Steven Gerrard Biography says that in his glorious career with the Reds, Steven Gerrard trophies that he has won some of the major tournaments like the Memorable 2005 Champions League trophy against AC Milan and also two FA cup trophies and one UEFA super cup trophy in his Prolonged Career.
A versatile and well-rounded player, best known for his ball-striking skill from distance, highly regarded for his leadership, a hardworking box-to-box player with great endurance in his prime.
Gerrard is the only footballer to score in an FA Cup Final, a League Cup Final, a UEFA Cup Final, and a UEFA Champions League Final, winning on each occasion.
He was usually deployed in the central midfield, but he had also been used as a second striker, a holding midfielder, an attacking midfielder, a right-back, and a right-winger.
- Gerrard is the only footballer to score in an FA Cup Final, and in UEFA cup final and in Champions League.
- Steven Gerrard played his entire career with the Liverpool FC club and also captained them.
- Steven Gerrard also captained the English national side in a few occasions.
Steven Gerrard was born on May 30-1980 in Whiston, England, and started out playing for hometown team Whiston Juniors, where he was noticed by Liverpool scouts. He joined the Liverpool Academy at the age of nine and, ultimately, signed a professional contract with them at age of 17.
His childhood footballing heroes were John Barnes and Ian Rush at Liverpool and English International Paul Gascoigne. In his 2015 autobiography, he said the four best players to have played alongside him were former Liverpool teammate Xabi Alonso, Fernando Torres, and Luis Suárez and England team-mate, Wayne Rooney.
English professional footballer who was considered one of the most complete footballers in the world in the early 2000s, he played for Liverpool’s youth squad and signed a professional contract Liverpool.
- Steven Gerrard started his career with the Whiston Juniors.
- He joined the Liverpool side at the age of nine.
- John Barnes and Ian Rush were his childhood footballing legends.
- Steven Gerrard is considered is one of the most completed footballers in the modern era of football.
Steven Gerrard or Stevie-G (nickname)is widely known for his career as an English professional footballer who played for Liverpool FC (1998-2018) and now works as a coach.
Gerrard established himself as a star midfielder by the 2000–01 season, when Liverpool won the League, Football Association (FA) Cup, and Union of European Football Associations (UEFA) cups and ultimately, he went on to earn England’s Young Player of the Year honor.
Gerrard had trials with various clubs at the age of 14, but struggled for his success and never made it into the England schoolboy’s team. He attempted trials for the teams like Manchester United as claimed by him in his 2006 autobiography, saying “to pressure Liverpool into giving me a YTS contract.”
Steven Gerrard Liverpool debut was made on the 29th November 1998 against Blackburn Rovers, In his first season, he made 13 appearances for the Reds.
After that in the 2000-01 season, Gerrard made fifty appearances for the club with ten goals to his name and in that season won his first major trophy FA cup with them, and since then Steven Gerrard Premier League dominance begun.
As his career progressed, Steven Gerrard Captined Liverpool since 2003, at just the age of 23. He spent the majority of his playing career as a central midfielder for Liverpool, with most of that time spent as club captain, as well as captaining the England national team.
He was widely regarded as one of the greatest midfielders of all time and he was awarded the UEFA Club Footballer of the Year award in 2005, and the Ballon d’Or Bronze Award.
“Gerrard is for me, in the position he plays, one of the very best in the world. He has a huge impact. For the job he performs, for me, he is one of the greatest.”
-Ronaldinho in 2007, as both players were named in FIFA World XI.
In the 2004–05 season Steven Gerrard Champions league trophy end the trophy drought of the long span of 21 years, scoring a key goal in Liverpool’s dramatic three-goal comeback against AC Milan in the final.
During the following off-season, after their Champions League loss, he got into a high-profile contract dispute with Liverpool that nearly made Steven Gerred Chelsea move confirmed but later things got settled and Steven Gerrard Signed Contract With Liverpool.
Gerrard then helped Liverpool win both the 2005–06 FA Cup and UEFA Super Cup, and he was named the Professional Footballers’ Association Player of the Year at season’s end.
In 2007 Liverpool was able to reach Champions League final for the second time in three years but lost to AC Milan by a score of 2–1. Gerrard scored a career-high 24 goals in the 2008–09 Premier League season, which got him the Football Writers’ Association Footballer of the Year award.
Later, Steven Gerrard moved to America and Steven Gerrard MLS career started with LA Galaxy in 2015 where he spent one-and-a-half seasons with them, on 6th November 2016 Steven Gerred Last match he played against Colorado Rapids in MLS club playoffs.
“Is he the best in the world? He might not get the attention of Messi and Ronaldo but yes, I think he just might be. He has a great passing ability, can tackle and score goals, but most importantly he gives the players around him confidence and belief. You can’t learn that players like him are just born with that presence.“Zinedine Zidane was quoted saying in 2009.
- At the age of 14, Steven Gerrard also attempted the trails for Manchester United.
- On the 29th of November 1998 he made his debut for Liverpool against Blackburn Rovers.
- In his career, he has also won England’s young player of the year award.
- In 2000-01 Steven Gerrard won his first major trophy with Liverpool.
- At the age of 23 Steven Gerrard becomes the captain of the Liverpool side.
- In 2005 Steven Gerrard won the Ballon d’Or Bronze Award.
- Steven Gerrard won his first Champions League trophy in 2004-05 season.
- In the 2008-09 season, Steven Gerrard scored a total of 24 goals for his team.
- In 2015 Steven Gerrard joined the LA Galaxy side from Liverpool.
- Steven Gerrard played his last match against Colorado Rapids in MLS.
- Steven Gerrard played 20 years as a professional footballer.
Gerrard was a member of the English national under-21 team, and Steven Gerrard England Debut was on 31st May 2000 against Ukraine, He made one appearance in the 2000 European Championship (Euro Cup), but an injury kept him out of the 2002 World Cup.
He greatly contributed to England’s runs to the quarterfinals in both the Euro 2004 andWorld Cup in the year 2006.
He was named captain of the English national team during the qualifying round of the 2010 World Cup, in which England was subsequently knocked out in the round of 16.
England again advanced to the quarterfinals of Euro 2012 and also reached the 2014 World Cup and played just two games (both losses) to reach the final, which was the earliest the country had ever been knocked out of the tournament finals. In 2009, Zinedine Zidane and Pelé said that they considered Gerrard to be the best footballer in the world.
Steven Gerrard Biography covers his entire international journey with the Three Lions.
- Steven Gerrard made his England debut on 31st May 2000 against Ukraine.
- The English star also appeared In the 2000 European Championship.
- Steven Gerrard played the 2004 Euro Cup and the 2006 World cup with the English national team.
- Steven Gerrard captained the English team in the 2010 world cup.
Steven Gerrard Retirement:
As he entered his mid-30s and his physical capability declined, the number of long-range strikes at goal decreased, with most of his goals coming from free kicks and penalty kicks. He possessed the good technical and aerial ability, as well as notable defensive attributes.
After his short Stint with the MLS giants LA Galaxy on 6th 2016 He played his last professional match for them and decided to hang up his boots.
Steven Gerrard Post Retirement:
After ending his playing career, Gerrard remained on the sidelines as a coach, first as a youth coach for Liverpool in 2017 and then Steven Gerrard manager Journey started with the Scottish giant’s Rangers in 2018. He was made a Member of the Order of the British Empire (MBE) in 2006.
His new chapter as a coach for the Rengers was an important phase in Steven Gerrard Biography.
In 2018, Amazon produced a documentary called “Make Us Dream“ detailing the life of Gerrard from a young boy up until his post as Liverpool youth coach. He also received an honorary fellowship from Liverpool John Moores University on 26 July 2008 as recognition for his contribution to the sport.
In September 2006, Steven Gerrard autobiography got published, Gerrard: My Autobiography, ghost-written by journalist Henry Winter, which went on to win the Sports Book of the Year at the British Book Awards.
Another volume of his autobiography, My Story, written with Donald McRae, was published in September 2015. The autobiography ends with “I play for Jon-Paul.”. Jon-Paul Gilhooley was Gerrard’s cousin and was killed in the year 1989 Hillsborough disaster when Gerrard was eight years old.
Gerrard had some legal trouble later on in his life. On 1 October 2007, Gerrard was involved in a low-speed collision in Southport when the car he was driving hit a ten-year-old over-speeding cyclist as he inadvertently crossed Gerrard’s path.
On 29 December 2008, Gerrard was taken into custody outside the Lounge Inn in Southport on suspicion of a section 20 assault. The case went to trial in Liverpool Crown Court. Gerrard’s co-defendants pleaded guilty before the trial but Gerrard maintained that he is innocent.
In the year 2011, Gerrard appeared in the film Will, about an orphaned young Liverpool fan who hitch-hikes to the 2005 UEFA Champions League Final.
In August 2014, Gerrard participated in the ALS Association’s Ice Bucket Challenge as he was challenged by Cardiff City winger, Craig Noone in the competition. In 2018, Gerrard was added as an icon to the Ultimate Team in EA Sports’ FIFA video game FIFA 19.
Lastly, as a footballing legend, Gerrard has had several different sponsorships in his career including current deals with Adidas, Jaguar Cars and Lucozade.
- Steven Gerrard becomes a youth coach for Liverpool in 2017.
- In 2018 Steven Gerrard started his managerial journey with Scottish giants Rangers.
- on 26 July 2008, he receives an honorary fellowship from Liverpool John Moores University.
- In August 2014, Gerrard participated in the ALS Association’s Ice Bucket Challenge.
Steven Gerrard Records & Achievements:
Steven Gerrard helped his Liverpool team win two FA Cups, three League Cups, one UEFA Champions League, one UEFA Cup, and one UEFA Super Cup. In the year 2005, Steven Gerrard received the ‘Ballon d’Or Bronze Award’ and was named the ‘UEFA Club Footballer of the Year’, and it was the golden phase in Steven Gerrard Biography.
Later, in 2007, he became a Member of the Order of the British Empire, the honor he was presented by Queen Elizabeth II. He was among the 18 players selected for the ‘UEFA Ultimate Team of the Year’ in 2015, including the Brazilian legend Ronaldinho.
As a player:
- FA Cup: 2000–01, 2005–06.
- Football League Cup: 2000–01, 2002–03, 2011–12.
- FA Community Shield: 2001, 2006.
- UEFA Champions League: 2004–05.
- UEFA Cup: 2000–01.
- UEFA Super Cup: 2001, 2005.
- Ballon d’Or third place: 2005.
- UEFA Club Footballer of the Year: 2005.
- PFA Players’ Player of the Year: 2005–06.
- PFA Young Player of the Year: 2000–01.
- PFA Premier League Team of the Year: 2000–01,2003–04,2004–05,2005–06,2006–07,2007–08,2008–09,2013–14.
- PFA Fans’ Player of the Year: 2000–01,2008–09.
- PFA Merit Award: 2015.
- FWA Tribute Award: 2013.
- FWA Footballer of the Year: 2008–09.
- IFFHS World’s Most Popular Footballer: 2006.
- Onze d’Argent: 2005.
- FA England Player of the Year Award: 2007,2012.
- Liverpool Player of the Season: 2004,2006,2007,2009.
- Liverpool Fans Online Player of the Season: 2005,2007.
- BBC Sports Personality of the Year Award – 3rd Place: 2005.
- FIFA FIFPro World XI: 2007, 2008, 2009.
- FIFA FIFPro World XI 5th team: 2013.
- UEFA Team of the Year: 2005, 2006, 2007.
- UEFA Ultimate Team of the Year.
- UEFA Team of the Century.
- UEFA European Championship Team of the Tournament: 2012.
- UEFA Champions League Final Man of The Match: 2005.
- ESM Team of the Year: 2008–09.
- Premier League Player of the Month: March 2001, March 2003, December 2004, April 2006, March 2009, March 2014.
- Premier League 20 Seasons Awards (1992–93 to 2011–12).
- Fantasy Teams of the 20 Seasons (Public choice).
- MLS All-Star: 2015.
- English Football Hall of Fame: 2017.
- Match of the Day Premier League all-time XI: (published 2017).
- BBC Goal of the Season: 2006.
- FIFA Club World Cup Silver Ball: 2005.
- Premier League top assist provider: 2013–14.
Orders and special awards:
- Order of the British Empire (Civil) Ribbon.png Member of the Order of the British Empire.
- Honorary Fellowship from Liverpool John Moores University to mark his contribution to the sport.
- Most matches as Liverpool captain: 473.
- Top Liverpool goalscorer in UEFA Champions League: 30.
As a manager:
- Scottish Premiership Manager of the Month: April 2019, September 2019,  December 2019.
Steven Gerrard Net Worth:
The Net Worth of Steven Gerrard is around $90 million as of now in 2020, and most of his earning came from the beautiful game of Football.
Steven Gerrard Social Media Handles:
Steven Gerrard Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/SG8OfficialLiverpoolLegend/
Steven Gerrard Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/stevengerrard/?hl=en