Who will win the Champions League 2021 – 2022 is at present the biggest question in the mind of every football fan and for those who have the plan of betting on the league champion to get their hands on some profit. As the Champions League is scheduled to return in February with the round of 16 on the way.
As the round of 16 is set to commence in February, big bet placers are trying to calculate the odds. The present crown holders Chelsea seem to have the upper hand against their French opponent Lille and may also have a strong hold in terms of winning the league again. But the odds also stand that in the recent history, only Real Madrid has been able to retain back to back titles.
With the likes of Bayern Munich, Manchester City and Paris Saint Germain still surviving in the tournament, there maybe something unexpected in the tournament to be crowned as the continental champion. Lets us calculate the odds and bet sports at THABET bookie in terms of the favourites, the unexpected ones and the underdogs.
- Manchester City – Manchester City are 11/4 to win the Champions League for the first time this season, according to bet365. In the last 16, Pep Guardiola’s team will play Sporting CP and will be optimistic of moving against the Portuguese club. Manchester City, who finished second last season, will want to build on their experience of playing in their first Champions League final to go one better this year, and they put in some great performances in the group stage to finish ahead of Paris Saint-Germain.
They did, however, lose two of their three road games in Group A, and they might be susceptible against top-tier opponents away from the Etihad Stadium. Manchester City also seems to have a strong hold in the Premier League table which gives them a boost of extra confidence to move forward to the quarter finals and eventually get their hands on the title.
- Bayern Munich – Bayern Munich has 7/2 chances to win the Champions League, and the Bavarians were merciless in the group stage, winning all six of their games and scoring 22 goals. Bayern Munich, the European champions in 2020, are one of the strongest attacking teams in the tournament, with goal threats galore, not least in the shape of Robert Lewandowski.
The 34-year-old Polish striker has now scored nine goals in the competition and shows no signs of slowing down in the box. Bayern will be confident of progressing from their last-16 encounter against RB Salzburg, who are knockout-stage debutants, and will be a team that every team will want to avoid.
- Liverpool – Liverpool have a chance of 5/1 of winning the Champions League. Liverpool went on to win all the matches of the group stages which gives them an extra boost Jurgen Klopp’s men also seem unstoppable in the Premier League and are aiming for the European Title. The attacking power of Liverpool with the likes of Mohammad Salah and Sadio Mane have the capability to remove any team that comes on the way.
- Chelsea – Chelsea seem to have a 7/1 odd of winning the Champions League for the second time in a row. Thomas Tuchel has switched on the beast mode from the sidelines for the team. With Kai Havertz, Mason Mount and Thiago Silva continuing their beast mode with N’Golo Kante dominating the defense. It won’t be a surprise if Chelsea grabs the title once again.
The Unexpected ones
- Paris Saint Germain – Paris Saint-Germain are 8/1 to win the title for the first time this season, but they will have a stiff test in the first knockout round against Real Madrid, the 13-time winners. After signing Lionel Messi and Sergio Ramos, there are great hopes in Paris that the squad would win the Champions League for the first time this season, despite the fact that they only won three of their six group matches.
PSG can really turn the tables down this time against Real Madrid with the attack of Messi – Mbappe – Neymar looking in a dangerous form.
- Ajax – Ajax were one of the surprise shocks of the group stage, winning six of their six matches and securing a spot in the last 16. The 2019 semi-finalists are rated at 14/1 and will fancy their chances of progressing in the competition after being drawn against Benfica from Portugal.
Ajax has always had the history of coming in the tournament and dominating against big teams as a surprise package. When it comes to Ajax, no one can expect what is about to come and when it comes, it leaves the world shocked. Ajax cannot be underestimated this season.
- Real Madrid – Real Madrid’s odds of winning the Champions League under manager Carlo Ancelotti are 18/1, and the sport’s most successful team has a distinct aura when it comes to Europe’s best club championship. Los Blancos face a mouth-watering game against Paris Saint-Germain, but their status and Champions League experience ensure that they will go into the match with plenty of confidence.
Real Madrid have never lost against Paris Saint Germain which gives them a challenge to continue the streak this time as well. Real Madrid is at present at the top of the table in La Liga and the whole team can be seen in destructive form including Vinicius Jr. who was having a disastrous previous season.
- Manchester United – Manchester United seem to be back in the tournament after a disastrous last season and has a 18/1 odd of winning the Champions League. The most successful Champions League player at present plays for Manchester United, Cristiano Ronaldo. When Cristiano Ronaldo is concerned in terms of Champions League, no one can stop him.
United is all set to host Atletico Madrid in the round of 16 and looking at the history of Ronaldo against Atletico Madrid, one can surely expect what is about to come.
- Juventus – Juventus has 28/1 odds, and while Max Allegri’s team has been less spectacular domestically than normal, they have put in some excellent performances in Europe. The Turin side will be obvious favourites to progress against Villarreal in the last 16.
We have seen Juventus take the game easy in terms of group stage and suddenly catch the pace. Juventus is an extremely experienced side and their experience has a lot to offer which can turn the tables in no time.
- Atletico Madrid – Atletico have been priced at 33/1 in the Champions League. Despite the return of Antoine Griezmann to Atletico Madrid in the summer, the Liga champions have been unimpressive this season. Under Diego Simeone, the squad from Madrid has prided itself on being a good defensive unit, but this season they have appeared more susceptible than ever, conceding in five of their six European matches.
In the last 16, a trip to Old Trafford awaits in what appears to be an evenly balanced matchup versus Manchester United. As the history says, Diego Simeone has done wonders in the Champions League with this Atletico Madrid team and he has the potential to do it again.
- Villareal – Villarreal, the Europa League champions, are priced at 150/1. Despite originating from a town with a population of 50,000, the Yellow Submarine have demonstrated this season in their encounters with Chelsea and Manchester United that they can fight toe-to-toe with the continent’s most formidable sides.
- Inter Milan – Inter, the Italian champions, are 50/1 after finishing second behind Real Madrid in Group D, losing both of their meetings against the Spanish club. In their knockout match against Liverpool, Simone Inzaghi’s team are huge underdogs, but if they can defeat the Merseysiders, they will be greatly favoured.