The finest T20 batsman to play for team India in modern-day cricket, yes we are talking about Suresh Raina who has an unprecedented career with the Men in Blue and for his club.
Though currently, the southpaw is not playing his parts for the Men in Blue in any format of the game and his stats are not like other big names in the team but he has made some invaluable contribution for his team whenever he steps in the pitch.
Once regarded as one of the best fielders in the world of cricket, A few years back the left-handed prodigy was India’s go-to player, but due to his injuries and his poor form he was left out from the squad, but now he is fit and willing to make a strong comeback in the upcoming IPL to secure his place in the T20 world cup squad for this year.
Suresh Raina Biography:
Table Of Content
- 1 Suresh Raina Biography:
- 2 Suresh Raina family:
- 3 Suresh Raina Biography-Early Life:
- 4 Suresh Raina International Career:
- 5 Suresh Raina ODI Career:
- 6 Suresh Raina Test Career:
- 7 Suresh Raina T20 Career:
- 8 Suresh Raina IPL Career:
- 9 Suresh Raina Records and Achievements:
- 10 Suresh Raina Net Worth:
- 11 Suresh Raina Endorsement:
Suresh Raina Biography has everything from his success story to his downfall and his comeback and covers every phase of his career till now.
Raina plays for Uttar Pradesh in the domestic format. In the IPL, he is the vice-captain of Chennai Super Kings. When CSK was banned from IPL, Raina was named the captain of Gujarat Lions.
Raina also captained the national team and is the second-youngest player to become a skipper. He is also the first Indian to score centuries in all the three formats of the game internationally.
Suresh Raina family:
On 27th November 1986, Suresh Raina born in Muradnagar, Ghaziabad, Utter Pradesh, which stands now Suresh Raina age is just 33 years old (2020).
Suresh Raina family construct with his father Trilokchand Raina was an army officer and his mother Parvesh Raina is a homemaker, Raina was given the nickname of ‘Sonu‘ by his parents, Raina also has four other siblings named Dinesh, Naresh and Mukesh Raina and one elder sister Renu Raina.
In the year 2015, Suresh Raina married Priyanka Chowdhury Raina and they have one cherub named Garcia Raina. Currently, he lives in Rajnagar, in Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh.
Raina has three elder brothers – Dinesh, Naresh, and Mukesh. He also has one elder sister named Renu. In 2012 book Rahul Dravid: Timeless Steel, a special segment was written in favor of Suresh.
Raina moved his hometown to Lucknow from Muradnagar in 2000. This was because that is when he decided to play cricket. He attended Guru Govind Singh Sports College in Lucknow.
- On 27th November 1986, Suresh Raina born in Muradnagar, Ghaziabad.
- Suresh Raina’s father’s name is Trilokchand Raina.
- Suresh Raina’s mother’s name is Parvesh Raina.
- Suresh Raina has three brothers named Dinesh, Naresh, and Mukesh Raina.
- Raina also has an elder sister named Renu Raina.
- In 2015, Suresh Raina married Priyanka Chowdhury Raina.
Suresh Raina Biography-Early Life:
After his passion for the game of cricket, in the year 2000 Suresh Raina stern to play cricket and because of this he moved from his hometown to Lucknow to attend Guru Govind Singh Sports College.
With his dominating batting style and his leadership quality, he becomes the captain of Lucknow U 16 team and came into notice of Indian selectors in 2002 and got selected for U 19 tour to England in just 15 years of age.
At the age of 16 in the year 2003, Suresh Raina in Ranji trophy made his debut for Uttar Pradesh against Assam, later on, he got selected for the U19 Asian ODI Championship to Pakistan and later on got a place in the 2004 U19 world cup, where he scored three half-centuries in the tournament, which include a 90 off 38 balls.
Later that year he played for the U-17 team against Sri Lanka. In February 2003 at the age of 16, Raina made his Ranji debut for Uttar Pradesh against Assam. However, until the next season, he didn’t play another match. And later on, bestowed with Border Goveskar scholarship to train at Australian Cricket academy in 2005. Raina made his first-class debut in early 2005 and scored 645 runs at an average of 53.75.
- Raina went to Lucknow to attend Guru Govind Singh Sports College.
- Suresh Raina becomes captain of Lucknow U 16 team.
- In February 2003 at the age of 16, Raina made his Ranji debut for Uttar Pradesh against Assam.
- Raina made his first-class debut in early 2005 and scored 645 runs at an average of 53.75.
Suresh Raina International Career:
Suresh Raina is one of the finest T20 players to represent the Men in Blue on many occasions, he was an instrumental part of Team India’s 2011 world cup triumph.
Suresh Raina Biography covers his ODI, Test, and T20 appearances which he made for team India.
Suresh Raina ODI Career:
After his handy knocks, Suresh Raina came into limelight and Suresh Raina ODI debut for team India against Sri Lanka in 2005, and after that, he was a common name for the Indian cricket fans, his numbers cannot decide how invaluable he was for the team from the year of 2008 to 2011, an ear for Indian cricket team which regards as one of the finest players to claim and world cup for the country.
In 2011 world cup, the southpaw was not the part of the team in the beginning stages, he replaced Injured Virender Shewag against West Indies, and after that, in the crucial quarterfinal match Dhoni brought in Raina back in the team in place of Yusuf Pathan.
In that match Raina proves his metal in a tense situation pairing with Yuvraj Singh in a mingled Run chase, scoring crucial 34 runs in just 28 balls and leading team India to the world cup Semi-Finals.
In the Semi-Final match against Pakistan, his precious 36 runs help team India to cross the 250 mark, which helps team India to win the match and also to win the world cup in their home soil.
Suresh Raina played 226 ODI matches in his valuable career, where despite batting in the lower middle order he managed to strike 5 Centuries and 36 Half Centuries to his name, Suresh Raina highest score is 116* runs against Bangladesh in a crucial run chase.
- In 2005 Raina made his ODI debut against Sri Lanka.
- Raina won the 2011 World cup with the Indian national team.
- In 2011 World cup Raina played formidable partnership along with Yuvraj against Australia.
- In his career, Raina has played more than 200+ ODI matches for India.
Suresh Raina Test Career:
In 2010 Suresh Raina made his test Debut for the Men In blue against Sri Lanka, he made his debut in the second test match replacing the Ill Yuvraj Singh, in his first test match Rain scored a ton along with Sachin Tendulkar on the pitch an outstanding feat which achieved by few Indian players and also made a double century partnership with the Master Blaster.
In the Third Test match he remained his pot in the team despite Yuvraj got fit to play for the team, but despite that because of his poor performance against the Proteas in Centurian, he got dropped from the team in place of Cheteshwar Pujara.
After the success of the world cup, he captained team Indians in their West Indies tour in the longer format of the game where he scored 232 runs with an outstanding average of 46.4.
Though he is not one of the specialists to this longer format of this game still he played a total of 18 test matches for the team with 1 Century and 7 Half Centuries to his name.
- In 2010 Raina made his test debut against Sri Lanka.
- In his first test match, Suresh Raina scored a hundred.
- Raina also leads the Indian cricket tea in Test format against West Indies.
Suresh Raina T20 Career:
Suresh Raina is a phenomenal T20 player; the southpaw is one of the best T20 players in the world, with his run-scoring ability and his bowling ability and sharp fielding.
Suresh Raina T20 debut was made against South Africa in the year 2006 on December 1 at the Wanderers Stadium.
For the men in Blue, he has participated in 78 T20 matches where he scored 1 Century and 5 Half-century for the team and his highest score 101 in this shorter version of the game was scored against mighty South Africa.
Many cricketing fans don’t know that fact that Suresh Raina captained team Indian in 2010 for the T20 series against Zimbabwe where under his captaincy team won the series by 2-0 against the host country, he was the leading run-getter in the series and the current Indian skipper Virat Kohli and R. Ashwin made their debut for team India in this version of the game under his captaincy.
Suresh Raina was one of the integral parts of 2012, and 2014 Indian T20 world cup squad.
After some of his interesting knocks for team India in this format he got a dip in his form and lost his position in the team, in the year 2016 he was not the part of the team when India played against West Indies in US Soil, then he made his strong comeback in 2017 where team India envisage England.
Then in 2018 he made his comeback in this shorter format of the game where he scored 43 runs in 24 balls and also picked up one wicket for the team which helped the team to seize the series by 2-1 against South Africa and also named Man of the Series award for his scintillating performance.
- Suresh Raina made his T20 debut against South Africa in 2006.
- Suresh Raina has played 78 T20 matches for the Men In Blues.
- Raina also one of the players who have a ton in T20 cricket.
- In 2010 Raina lead team India against Zimbabwe in a T20 series.
- Raina played Two T20 world cups with team India (2012,2014).
Suresh Raina IPL Career:
He was an outstanding performer for the Chennai franchise form the maiden edition of IPl, where he contributed some brilliant innings in the last league game of the first edition which helps Chennai to go through to the Semifinals.
In 2010 Raina captain CSK side for three matches in the absence of Ms. Dhoni, wherein the final he scored important 50 runs against Mumbai Indians and turn the tide from their counterparts towards them and ultimately become the winner of IPL for the first time, In 2010 BCCI awarded him the best fielder of the tournament award for his tight fielding abilities.
In 2010 with the help of Dhoni and Raina CSK claimed their first-ever IPL trophy.
In his first three years with Chennai, he scored Consecutive 421,434, and 520 runs and also took the highest number of catches which records are still unbroken in the history of IPL, in the three editions of the league he also struck most No of sixes after Adam Gilchrist.
After his blistering first three seasons, Chennai Super Kings Retained the Raina along with Murali Vijar, Ms. Dhoni and Albie Morkel, maintain his performance in IPL again in 2011 he crossed the 400 marks and he is the only player in IPL history to score 400 runs or more for seven seasons.
In 2012 at the beginning of the season, he was struggling to find his form but in the later stage he got his rhythm and scored 441 runs in total, he played his crucial role in the final against Kolkata Night Riders by scoring 73 runs and formed a concrete partnership with Mike Hussey.
In the same year, he becomes the first player to reach 2000 runs in the Indian premier league.
In 2013 he broke his own record and accumulated 548 runs in that year with an average of 42.15, in that year he scored his maiden IPL century against Kings Xi Punjab, Suresh Raina highest score in IPL score against the Kings in that year.
In the 2014 Ipl Qualifier match against Kings Xi Punjab, Raina 87 of 25 balls made CSK qualify for the finals.
In 2014 Raina helped Chennai Super Kings to win their second Champions League T20 tournament by scoring outstanding 109* runs in just 62 balls in the final.
After the suspension of Chennai Super Kings from IPL from two years, Raina joined Gujrat Lions and captained the side.
In 2018 Chennai brought their man back with 11 crore price tag, in that season in the second game Raina suffered an injury and that was the first time he missed the game for the Chennai Super Kings.
Suresh Raina IPl 2019 Journey becomes special for him as in that year a match against RCB Raina become the first player to reach the landmark of 5000 Runs in the history of IPL.
- In the first IPL auction, CSK brought him for 2.6 Crores.
- In 2010 Raina also captained the CSK side in absence of Dhoni.
- In 2010 Suresh Raina won the first-ever IPL trophy with the CSK side.
- Suresh Raina is the first player to reach 2000 runs in the Indian Premier League.
- Raina also has a century to his name in IPL against Kings XI Punjab.
- In 2013 Suresh Raina scored the Highest number of runs in IPL(548).
- For two seasons Raina captained for Gujrat Lions after the suspension of CSK.
Suresh Raina Records and Achievements:
- He is the first Indian batsman to score centuries in all the three formats of the game.
- He was the twelfth Indian player to score the test century on debut.
- He is the only Indian to score centuries in both T20I and ODI World Cup.
- He is the third batsman in the world and first Indian to hit a T20I century.
- Raina was the first-ever batsman to score a T20I century when batting at number 3 position or lower as well as in World T20 history as he did it in the 2010 ICC World T20.
- He is the first Indian player to score 6000 as well as 8000 runs in the Twenty20 career.
- He is the highest run-scorer in the CLT20 (842 runs).
- Suresh Raina records for scoring the most number of the fifties in Champions League T20 history(6).
- Suresh Raina records of most consecutive appearances for a team 158.
- He is the first-ever cricketer to reach 5,000 runs in IPL.
- Suresh Raina records of most no. of catches (95) in the IPL.
- He is the second after Chris Gayle and first Indian player to hit 100 sixes in the IPL.
- He is the first and only player to have scored over 400 runs in 7 consecutive ( 2008–2014) IPL seasons.
- He is the first and only Indian player to have scored a century in IPL, CLT20, and T20I.
Suresh Raina Net Worth:
The total net worth of Suresh Raina as of the recent time is around $25 Million which is around INR 175 Crores.
Like other sportsmen, he is also a huge fan of cars, and he has an amazing collection of cars in his garage, cars like two-seater Porsche Boxster and a Mini Cooper, along with these cars he also has a Mercedes Benz GLC a Range Rover and one BMW but he hardly uses it.
Suresh Raina Biography covers Suresh Raina Family, about his career and his Net Worth.
Suresh Raina Endorsement:
The left-handed batsman has used his brand value in charging good brand value from some elite brands in endorsement deals.
In his career, he has endorsed some global brands like Adidas, Pepsi, HP, Racer, Boost, Intex, Rk Global, Ceat and for many other brands, also the Southpaw is the current brand ambassador of a fantasy website Fantain.
Apart from this personal endorsement, for his club side Chennai Super kings he endorsed brands like Jio, Muthoot Group, India Cements, Nippon, Hil, and many other brands.
Suresh Raina house is in Ghaziabad, and his house worth 18 crores, Suresh Raina and family is saying over there.