The cricketing genius Sachin Ramesh Tendulker was born in 24th April 1973 at Bombay. As far the Sachin Tendulkar Records are concerned, without any contention, the former Indian batsman is deemed as one of the best cricketers of all time.
Sachin was considered a bully in his young age. To control his mischievous nature, Ramesh Tendulkar introduced Sachin to cricket in 1984 at approximately 11 years of age.
Table of Contents
He made his international debut for team India on 15 November 1989 against Pakistan in a test match at Karachi. At that time he was just sixteen years of age. He had a prolonged Cricketing career where he represented Mumbai domestically and the Men in Blues for 24 years. Sachin retired from all forms of cricket on 10 October 2013 at the age of 40.
Sachin Tendulkar records of making 18426 runs in his 463 ODI games with an average of 44.83,Sachin Tendulkar total runs in all formats is around 34,357.
He is the only player who has got hundred international centuries to his name. Also he has the most number of runs to his name in ODI and Test formats. And the one and only cricketer to have 30000+ international runs to his name.
Sachin Tendulkar History
There are many stories how the Master Blaster got introduced in Cricket, we may never get to know he Real truth about it, but according to some source Sachin Tendulkar’s brother Ajit took him to the school and introduced him to Ramakant Acharekar the first coach of Sachin Tendulkar, and Sachin Tendulkar Cricket Career started from there,Since than master blaster has played truckload of matches and the name gets famous in the Mumbai.
At the age of 14 Sachin Tendulkar made his Ranji debut and managed to piled up runs for Mumbai and sooner he got the call from Indian national team, At the tender age of 16 Sachin played his first international match against Pakistan in Pakistan, and then the rest is history for the Master Blaster.
Sachin Tendulkar Records List In ODI
Sachin Tendulkar is one of linchpin character in this cricket world, he has created many milestones with his batting performance,Sachin Tendulkar represented team India in 463 ODI matches and Sachin Tendulkar ODI runs around 18426 for the Men In Blue
Sachin Tendulkar ODI career started against Newzeland at Aucland where he scored 82 runs off 49 balls, Sachin scored his first ever ODI century against Australia in Sri Lanka at Colombo, Sachin Tendulkar 100th international century was scored against Bangladesh at Shere Bangla National Stadium in Mirpur.
highest score of Sachin Tendulkar in odi is 200 against the mighty South Africa where he took just 147 balls to score that landmark score with the help of 25 fours and 3 sixes, Sachin last ODI game was against Pakistan in Asia Cup, where he scored a half century to secure the victory of the Men In blue.
- Sachin is the First Cricketer to score a double century in ODI cricket. This happened on 24 February 2010 against South Africa at Gwalior, India. Sachin’s 200* from 147 balls helped India to put a massive score of 401/3. Throughout that innings, Sachin struck 25 fours and 3 sixes. Despite AB de Villiers’ 114*, South Africa lost that match by a big margin of 153 runs. how many international centuries has
- Till date, Sachin is the only cricketer to have scored more than 15,000 ODI runs. He has played 463 ODIs and has scored 18,426 runs at an average of 44.83 at strike rate of 86.23. cords
- Sachin Tendulkar ODI centuries (49).
- The master blaster has got the highest number of ODI fifties (96).
- Previously Sachin held the record for most 150+ scores (5) in ODIs. Later Australia’s David Warner matched the record and now India’s Rohit Sharma has broken the record with 6 150+ ODI scores.
- He has scalped the most ODI runs in a calendar year (1,894 ODI runs in the year 1998). This incredible feat came at an average of 65.31. Despite the modern age batting friendly pitches, this Sachin Tendulkar records is still intact.
- In the year 1998, he has scored Most centuries in a calendar year (9).
- Against Australia he has got the Most No of centuries, and that is the most No. of centuries against a single opponent (9 ODI centuries). Against Sri Lanka, Sachin had scored 8 ODI hundreds.
- In his career, Sachin has stroked the ball across the boundary line a whopping 2,016 times (boundaries). It is the record of most boundaries hit by a player in ODI cricket. Along with that Sachin has also hit 195 sixes.
- During the course of his historic innings of 200* against South Africa, Sachin also went on to bag the record for the most number of boundaries scored by a batsman in a Limited over match (25 boundary hits).
- Sachin Tendulkar has played the most No of ODI matches till now (463 ODIs). Mahela Jayawardene of Sri Lanka is sitting at the second place (448 ODIs). ore
- He is the first player in this cricketing world to score 10,000 right up to 18,000 ODI runs.
- Apart from his batting skills, Sachin also bowled frequently for his team. He has taken 154 wickets in ODIs. Because of his excellent performances, Sachin also received the highest Man of the Match awards in ODIs. During his career he has won Most Man of the Match awards (62). s
- He is the one who has won Most Man of the Match awards in World Cup Matches (9). Out of those 9, three came against his favorite WC opposition Pakistan. Two of his brilliant batting examples against Pakistan is 98 in 2003 and 85 in semi-finals of 2011 WC. Three MoMs came for three centuries in winning cause (2 against Kenya and 1 against Namibia). Sachin received another two MoMs against Zimbabwe and one against West Indies.
- Sachin has always been one of the most impactful players of the Indian team. He has emerged as one of the key players in many ODI series. As a result he captured the most Man of the Series (MoS) awards (15).
- During the time span of 25th April, 1990 and 24th April, 1998, he represented India in 185 consecutive ODIs.
- Sachin has created a world record by scoring 1,000+ runs in a calendar year on 7 occasions (1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2003 and 2007). stats
- On 8th Nov, 1999 Sachin Tendulkar was involved in a monumental 331-run partnership for the 2nd wicket with the legendary Rahul Dravid (vs. New Zealand at Hyderabad). Till now, this is the highest partnership for any wicket in ODIs.
- The formidable pair of Sachin Tendulkar and Prince of Kolkata Sourav Ganguly scored 26 hundred-plus partnerships in Limited over matches. ix
- In ODI cricket, Sachin Tendulkar has played on 90 different grounds across the world, this is a world record made by him.
- He has scored 3,077 runs against the mighty Australians, and 3,113 runs against the Sri Lankans. Till now, no other batsman has scored that much runs against any single opponent.
- Sachin had the longest ODI career of 22 years 91 days.
- He is the only cricketer to accomplish a rare triple in ODIs : 15000 runs (18426), 100 wickets (154) and 100 catches (140).
- Sachin has most no. of 50-plus ODI innings in his career (49 centuries and 96 fifties).
- After debuting for his country at the age of just 16, Sachin Tendulkar had to wait for some time to pick his first international wicket. The wait finally ended on 5 December 1990 against Sri Lanka. Roshan Mahanama nicked Sachin’s delivery and was caught behind by Kiran More. Thus in the process, Sachin became the youngest Indian to pick an international wicket. He was just 17 years and 224 days old and broke Maninder Singh’s record. In that same game, Tendulkar dismissed Arjuna Ranatunga too. Later Sachin scored 53 runs off 41 balls and won the Man of the Match award.
- Defending six or fewer runs in the last over is always a difficult task for the bowling side. However Tendulkar is the only bowler to have defended six or fewer runs in last over, and that too twice. He first did that in 1993 against South Africa. Sachin gave just three runs and guided India to a memorable win. In 1997 against Australia, he took the last wicket of the Aussies with the very first ball of his over.
- Tendulkar has always been good with the ball, but he seemed to lack consistency. However he fixed that up in the 2004 Asia Cup. There Sachin took 12 wickets in 6 games at an exceptional average of 12.25. In the process he broke the record of most wickets by an Indian spinner in a single Asia Cup edition. He took at least one wicket in each of the five innings where he bowled. In overall chart, Sachin is placed second to Irfan Pathan, who has 14 wickets in a single edition of Asia Cup. Along with that Sachin also scored 281 runs and helped India reach the final. But unfortunately they lost the final to Sri Lanka.
Sachin Tendulkar Records List In Test
- Sachin Tendulkar Highest score in Test is 248 against Bangladesh.
- The Master Blaster has scored the most number of centuries in the Test cricket (51).
- Sachin Tendulkar is the first, and remains the only cricketer on this Cricketing world to score 50 Test hundreds. He scored his 50th Test century on 19 December 2010 against South Africa at SuperSport Park, Centurion.
- Out of his 51 Test centuries, 22 were scored at home and 29 in overseas conditions. His 29 overseas Test centuries is a world record which shows his consistency on foreign soil.
- When Sachin scored his 49th Test century on 11 October 2010, he became the first Indian to score 6 Test centuries in a calendar year. Previously Sunil Gavaskar, Rahul Dravid and Sachin had 5 Test hundreds in a single calendar year. Later in December 2010, Sachin scored his 50th Test century. This made him the only Indian to score 7 Test centuries in a calendar year (2010). est
- When Sachin scored his 51st Test century against South Africa at Cape Town, he became the first overseas batsman to score 5 centuries on South African soil. Previously England’s Wally Hammond and Australia’s Neil Harvey had 4 Test centuries on South African soil. est record
- Sachin has always been a great threat to the opposition. His ability to convert 50s to 100s and 100s to 150s was phenomenal. Sachin has scored 150+ scores (20) in Test cricket.
- Sachin Tendulkar is the leading run scorer in Test Cricket. From playing 200 Tests, Sachin has scored a massive 15,921 runs. After his retirement, he is rightfully replaced by Virat Kohli, who is the Run Machine in the present generation.
- Sachin and Rahul Dravid has scored 19 hundred-plus Test partnerships which is the highest by a single pair in Test cricket.
- Sachin Tendulkar and Brian Lara both achieved the milestone of 10,000 runs in test cricket and both of them took 195 innings to score that.
- Sachin is the First man to reach 12,000 right up to 15,000 runs in the Five day cricket.
- Sachin Tendulkar has won the 14 man of the match awards in test cricket, highest by any Indian cricketer. It is also the 5th joint highest in the world. Along with that he was awarded Man of the Series on 5 occasions.
- Sachin is the only player who scored more than 1000+ runs in a calendar year 6 times in Test cricket. This happened in the years 1997, 1999, 2001, 2002, 2008 and 2010. Brian Lara, Matthew Hayden and Ricky Ponting have all achieved this feat on 5 occasions.
- At the age of 17 years and 197 days Sachin Tendulkar scored his first test hundred for Team India, till now he is the youngest Indian cricketer to score a test Hundred.
- Sachin Tendulkar and England’s Graham Gooch are the only two players who have scored 12 hundreds at the age of 35 years.
- During the innings of 214 against Australia, Sachin became the third man to score 3,000 Test runs against the mighty Aussies. Prior to that England’s Jack Hobbs and David Gower had achieved that feat.
- Sachin is the only cricketer in the world who has played 200 test matches. When Sachin played his 169th Test, he surpassed Australia’s Steve Waugh to become most capped player in Tests.
Sachin Tendulkar Records -Others
- Till now, Sachin Tendulkar is the only player in the world, who has scored 5 Test centuries before the age of 20. These five scores were 119* (vs England), 148* (vs Australia), 114 (vs Australia), 111 (vs South Africa) and 165 (vs England). Sachin also received two Man of the Match awards in the two matches against England.
- Apart from converting 6 fifties into centuries, Sachin also has the record of scoring most half-centuries in World Cup history. He has scored 15 half-centuries in his total World Cup career. Three of them came in 1992, three more in 1996, six fifties in 2003, one in 2007 and two in 2011.
- The legendary Sachin is the only cricketer who has the unique record of double of scoring 15,000+ ODI runs and taking 150+ ODI wickets.
- Sachin Tendulkar is the first batsman to score 50 international centuries (Test + ODI).
- He is the first batsman in the world to score 60 international centuries (Test + ODI).
- Sachin and Sourav Ganguly have 38 hundred-plus partnerships (in all formats) which is a world record. This pair also has scored 12,400 runs as partnership, which is also a world record. Sachin and Rahul Dravid has 29 century stands, which puts them at third position on the list.
- On 12 March, 2012 he created the milestone of 100 centuries. His 100th century came against Bangladesh. This was also his first century against the neighboring nation. With this record Sachin had scored a century against all Test playing nations at that time.
- He is the only player in this game who has 30,000 international runs to his name. (Tests and ODIs combined).
- Sachin Tendulkar history say’s he has received the most No of man of the match awards during his playing days, he has been selected as a MoM for 76 times in all formats of the game(14 times in Tests, 62 times in ODIs). Sachin has also got the highest no. of Man of the series awards, and that is 20 times (5 times in Tests and 15 times in ODIs), and both are world records.
- Also in the shorter format of the game he has got incredible no. to his name. In the beginning of the IPL he represented Mumbai Indians, and has won the silverware in 2013 with Mumbai Indians, and also in that year he has won the Champions trophy as well.
- He played his last international game against West Indies, and it was his 200th test match.
- Sachin Tendulkar has got out 27 times in his 90s, which is the highest by any batsman. 17 times it has happened in ODIs while 10 times in Test cricket.
- On the score of 99, Tendulkar has been dismissed thrice in ODIs in 2007. Against South Africa at Belfast, against England at Bristol and against Pakistan at Mohali.
- Sachin had to face some shocking umpiring decisions throughout his career. He has been given wrongly out by the umpires on 39 occasions. story
- Australian speedster Brett Lee has dismissed Tendulkar 14 times in international cricket. Lee’s compatriot Glenn McGrath and Sri Lanka’s spinner Muthiah Muralitharan have both dismissed Tendulkar 13 times.
- In Test cricket, Sachin has got out on duck in 14 occasions. This is the second-most among Indian players with more than 6000 runs. While in ODIs, this unfortunate incident happened 20 times. This is the most among Indian players.
- Sachin has 51 Test centuries to his name. Out of those, 20 came in winning cause, 11 in losing cause and 20 in drawn situation. In ODIs, Sachin has 49 centuries. Out of those, 33 came in winning cause and 14 in losing cause. One game was tied when Sachin scored a century while another one was called off due to rain.
- Sachin is the only Indian batsman to score centuries in debut matches of all 3 premier domestic cricket tournaments in India. He scored centuries in debut matches of Ranji Trophy, Duleep Trophy and Irani Trophy.
- Sachin Tendulkar is the youngest debutant for both ODIs and Tests for the national team.
- Seeing Sachin’s fearless batting, England’s prestigious club Yorkshire County Cricket Club picked him. This made Sachin the first overseas-born player to play for the prestigious club.
- Throughout his career, Sachin has mostly remained consistent both in terms of form and fitness. By this he also made a unique record. He played 239 (54 Tests and 185 ODIs) consecutive matches for India without missing a single game. This happened from 25 April 1990 to 24 April 1998 (through a span of 8 years).
- Sachin Tendulkar has got the unique distinction of having won Man of the Match Award against all ICC Full Members (Test Playing Nations).
Sachin Tendulkar Records in World Cup
- Tendulkar is also the highest run-getter in World Cup history. He has appeared in five World Cups and has scored 2,278 runs at an average of about 57 and strike rate of over 88. He was the top-scorer for India in three editions of 1996, 2003 and 2011. In fact in 1996 and 2003, he was the highest run-scorer of the entire tournament. Sachin scored 283, 523, 253, 673 and 482 in the 1992, 1996, 1999, 2003 and 2011 editions. However in 2007 World cup, Sachin was demoted to No. 4 where he wasn’t comfortable. He failed in that edition as he scored just 64 runs.
- Sachin is also the only cricketer to have scored more than 2000 runs in the history of the World Cup. He is followed former Australian captain Ricky Ponting, who has 1743 World Cup runs.
- Sachin Tendulkar world cup record of scoring 15 Half centuries for team India, it is the most by any batsman at World cup.
- In 2003 world cup Sachin Tendulkar has scored the most No of runs (673) in 11 games. So far this is the highest by any cricketer in a single world cup edition. Sachin achieved this feat with an average of more than 60 and excellent strike rate of about 89. He scored one century (152) against Namibia in that edition. Along with that he scored two 90+ scores against Pakistan and Sri Lanka. The 98 runs off 75 balls against Pakistan came in a pressure situation. India won that match chasing 274 runs against the likes of Wasim Akram, Shoaib Akhtar and Waqar Younis. However Sachin’s 2003 dream run was shattered when the Men in Blue lost the finals to Australia.
- Sachin also held the highest number of World Cup centuries – 6. He scored his first WC century in 1996, in the very first game against Kenya. In the same edition he scored another century against Sri Lanka. In 1999 edition, Sachin scored only one century against Kenya. Three out of his six WC centuries came in winning cause. Two came in losing cause and one against England in WC 2011 resulted in a tie. Sachin’s 6 WC centuries’ record was matched by Rohit Sharma in 2019 edition. Rohit’s first century came in 2015 edition against Bangladesh. His next 5 came all in 2019 edition against South Africa, Pakistan, England, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka.
Sachin Tendulkar – Awards And Achievements
- 1994: Arjuna Award Recipient for achievements in cricket.
- 1997: One of the five cricketers selected as Wisden Cricketer of the Year.
- 1997/98: Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna – India’s highest sporting honour.
- 1999: Padma Shri – India’s fourth-highest civilian award.
- 2001: Maharashtra Bhushan Award, Maharashtra State’s highest Civilian Award.
- 2003: The “Greatest Sportsman” of the country in the Best of India poll by Zee News.
- 2006: One of the Asian Heroes by Time magazine.
- 2006: Sportsperson of the Year.
- 2008: Padma Vibhushan – India’s second-highest civilian award.
- 2009: Time magazine included Sachin’s Test Debut in “Top 10 Sporting Moments”.
- 2010: LG People’s Choice Award.s
- 2010: ICC Cricketer of the Year – Highest award in the ICC listings.
- 2010: Sports Icon of the Year for 21 years at the NDTV Indian of the Year Awards.
- 2010: One of the world’s 100 most influential people in “The 2010 TIME 100” poll by Time magazine.
- 2004, 2007 and 2010: ICC World ODI XI.
- 2009, 2010 and 2011: ICC World Test XI.
- 1997, 2010 and 2012: Wisden Leading Cricketer in the World.
- 2012: Wisden India Outstanding Achievement award
- 2012: Honorary Member of the Order of Australia, given by the Australian government.
- 2013: Indian Postal Service released a stamp of Sachin Tendulkar. This made him the second Indian, after Mother Teresa, to have such stamp released in their lifetime.
- 2014: Bharat Ratna, India’s highest civilian award.
- 2014: ESPNCricinfo Cricketer of the Generation.
- 2017: The Asian Awards Fellowship Award at the 7th Asian Awards.