Sports betting has always been a popular way to make watching sports even more exciting. Whether you prefer cricket, football, tennis or any other sport, few feelings match the thrill of winning real money when your bet pays off, and your favourite team wins. Whether you’re a big fan of sports or not, placing a bet on the outcome is a great way to stay invested in the result and have some fun. Betting is available across a wide range of sports, although in the past, it was always quite difficult to place bets.
In order to bet on an even, you’d have to visit a betting shop that would then give you a paper bet slip. If your bet won, you’d need to go back to claim your stake and winnings but losing your bet slip would mean you’d lose out. In lots of countries, including India, betting shops are illegal, so betting was often difficult for a lot of people to enjoy. However, the arrival of the internet has brought new ways for sports fans to bet. Today, there are hundreds of excellent online sportsbooks like these that provide bettors with a range of events and markets to bet on. If you’d like to start betting online, we’ve written up this short guide for you.
How to Start Betting Online
Betting online is a lot simpler than you might think. Sports betting is relatively easy to get into, and as long as you’re careful about the sites you use, and how much you bet, it’s a great way to have fun and enjoy sports!
If you’d like to start betting online, all you need to do is follow these steps:
- Choose an online sportsbook – There are loads of online sportsbooks available, and most of them offer great odds as well as a variety of sport and lots of fun bonuses. If you want to choose a good site, you should make sure that it’s licenced, trustworthy and that it accepts players from your country or region. Narrow your search by reading online reviews and make sure you compare odds between sites too.
- Make a deposit – Once you’ve chosen a sportsbook and made an account, you’ll need to deposit real cash if you’re going to start betting. The best online sportsbooks will support a range of payment methods, and you’ll be able to choose which one suits you best. You should also check to see what bonus is available, as most sportsbooks will offer a bonus to new players.
- Choose a bet and place your wager – Choose an event you want to bet on from the available options on the site, and then pick a market to add it to your betslip. You can then choose your stake before confirming your bet.
- Collect your winnings – Once the event is over, you’ll be able to claim your winnings if your bet was a winner. If not, better luck next time. You can withdraw your winnings from the site or use them to place more bets.
Things to Be Aware of Before You Start Betting
- Betting online in India isn’t strictly legal, but it’s not illegal either. No Indian bettor has ever been prosecuted for online betting. As long as you’re using a site based outside of the country, you don’t need to worry.
- When you bet on sports, you’re risking real money, and there’s no guarantee you’ll win. As a result, you should never bet more than you can afford to lose, even if you think the odds are in your favour.
- Indian sports bettors do have to pay taxes on their winnings. Currently, the rate is 30%. You should always check this before you start gambling, as the laws and rules may change in the future.