“Dhoni finishes off in style. A magnificent strike into the crowd. India lifts the World Cup after 28 years. The party’s started in the dressing room. And it’s an Indian captain, who’s been absolutely magnificent, in the night of the final.” These immortal words are etched into the memory of every Indian cricket fan forever.
MS Dhoni Biography:
Table Of Content
- 1 MS Dhoni Biography:
- 2 MS Dhoni Family:
- 3 MS Dhoni-Early Career:
- 4 MS Dhoni -International Career:
- 5 MS Dhoni-World Cup and ICC Trophy:
- 6 MS Dhoni-Records:
- 7 MS Dhoni-Awards and Achievements:
- 8 Unknown facts about MS Dhoni:
- 9 MS Dhoni-Marriage and Love Story:
The legendary commentary forged in the words of Ravi Shastri gives us but a glimpse of the place of Dhoni in the imagination of Indian public, and how high a pedestal he’s been given by the masses. Ms. Dhoni Biography depicts MS Dhoni life story in true sense.
About MS Dhoni Biography we can say that his life story has everything from struggle, hard work, dedication, determination and success which makes it every more glorifying.
|Full Name||Mahendra Singh Dhoni|
|Nickname(s)||MSD, MS, Mahi, Captain Cool|
|Date of Birth||07-07-1981|
|Birthplace||Ranchi, Jharkhand, (Then in Bihar) India|
|Hometown||Ranchi, Jharkhand, India|
|School||DAV Jawahar Vidya Mandir, Shyamali, Ranchi, Jharkhand|
|College||St. Xaviers College, Ranchi, Jharkhand|
|Educational Qualification||College Dropout|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 175 cm|
in meters- 1.75 m
in feet inches- 5’ 9”
|Brother||Narendra Singh Dhoni|
|Coach/Mentor||Keshav Banerjee and Chanchal Bhattacharya|
|International Debut||ODI- 23 December 2004 against Bangladesh at Chittagong |
Test- 2 December 2005 against Sri Lanka at Chennai
T20 - 1 December 2006 against South Africa at Johannesburg
|Jersey Number||#7 (India)|
|IPL Team||Chennai Super Kings|
Rising Pune Supergiants
|Bowling Style||Right-Arm Fast Medium|
|Favourite Cricketer(s)||Batsmen :|
|Favourite Shot||Helicopter shot and Paddlesweep|
|Favourite Cricket Ground||Lord's Cricket Ground, London|
Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG), Melbourne
|Favourite Food(s)||Chicken Butter Masala, Chicken Tikka Pizza, Kebabs, Yellow Dal, Sonpapdi, Gulab Jamun and Rasgullas|
|Favourite Actor(s)||Amitabh Bachchan|
|Favourite Actresses||Angelina Jolie|
|Favourite Film(s)||Agneepath, Sholay|
|Favourite Singer||Kishore Kumar|
|Favourite Footballer||Cristiano ronaldo|
|Favourite Tennis Player||Rafael nadal|
|Favourite Destination||Sri Lanka, Goa|
|Favourite Colour(s)||Blue and Black|
|Cars Collection||Open Mahindra Scorpio, Maruti SX4, Hummer H2, Toyota Corolla, Land Rover Freelander, GMC Sierra, Mitsubishi Pajero Sfx, Mitsubishi Out Lander, Porsche 911, Audi Q7 SUV, Ferrari 599, Jeep Grand Cherokee|
|Bikes Collection||Kawasaki Ninja H2, Confederate Hellcat, BSA, Suzuki Hayabusa, a Norton Vintage, Hero Karizma ZMR, Yamaha Rxz, Yamaha Thundercat, Yamaha Rx, Ducati 1098, Yamaha Rd 350, Tvs Apache, Kawasaki zx14r Ninja, Confederate Hellcat X 132, Harley Davidson Fat boy, Enfield Machismo, Customized Tvs Dirt bike|
|Net Worth||$110 Million (Rs. 760 crores)|
MS Dhoni Family:
Birthplace of Dhoni is in Ranchi, part of erstwhile Bihar and now in Jharkhand, on 7th of July 1981, and right now MS Dhoni age is 38 years, Pan Singh, father of MS Dhoni and he was also a junior manager in MECON and his mother Devika Devi. He has an elder sister named Jayanti Gupta and a brother Narendra Singh Dhoni.
MS Dhoni sister Jayanti Gupta is an English teacher and she married to Gautam Gupta, Being athletic from a young age, he forayed into sports as a goalkeeper. However, one of his physical education teachers at school identified the possibilities in him as a wicket-keeper and pursued him to change the course of his career, and he married the love of his life Sakshi Singh Rawat in 2010.
- On the 7th of July 1981, Mahendra Singh Dhoni was born in Ranchi.
- His father’s Name is Pan Singh.
- His mother’s name is Devika Devi.
- MSD has two siblings named Jayanti Gupta and Narendra Singh Dhoni.
- Dhoni got married in 2010 with his long time girlfriend Sakshi Rawat.
MS Dhoni-Early Career:
As we all know Dhoni is into sports from a very young age and from his school level he started playing cricket, with his immense addiction to the game he joined the Commando Cricket club in the year of 1995.
He started his cricketing voyage from there he played as a wicket batsman for the team for the next three years and with his instrumental performance with the team, he listed his name to the Vinod Makand trophy u 16 Championship.
He joined Central coalfields limited in the year 1998, During his pivotal time with the Central, Cool Mahi used to receive 50 Rs for every MS Dhoni six which he hits from Deval Sahay in the Seesh Mahal tournament, after his sounding performance in the tournament Sahay helped Dhoni to get selected in the Bihar Team.
In the year 1999-2000, Dhoni first made his Ranji Debut for the, he also gets himself in the Bihar U 19 team Under 19 squad for the 1998-1999 season where he knocked 176 runs in his 7 Innings. After playing a lot of years in Ranji Dhoni got picked over Deep Dasgupta for the East Zone team, it was the time when BCCI’s Small telnet spotting initiative discovered Dhoni.
- MSD joined the Commando Cricket club in the year of 1995.
- MSD also played the Vinod Makand trophy u 16 Championship.
- Dhoni used to receive 50 INR for every six in the Seesh Mahal Tournament.
- 1999-2000, Dhoni first made his Ranji Debut for the Bihar.
MS Dhoni -International Career:
He started taking cricket seriously, and soon whispers started to flutter in the cricketing circles about a boy with an unorthodox technique subduing bowlers at will. In order to move to the next level, he started to work for the Indian Railways as a ticket collector and joined the Railways Ranji team.
It was here that he truly began to shine on a professional level, dishing out match-winning performances almost at will. His outstanding knocks mark the BCCI officials, and he was included in the India A team for a tour to Kenya in 2004.
MS Dhoni-ODI Career:
MS Dhoni makes his way in the Indian team when the team was struggling to find a solid Wicketkeeper-batsman, Solid knocks in alien conditions in Kenya furthered his cause and he was selected for the tour of Bangladesh in 2004. However, a duck in his first-ever ODI followed by consecutive poor performances almost had him out of favor with the selectors.
Do you guys agree with this rating? let us know in the comment box.
The then captain Sourav Ganguly, reposed his trust in Dhoni’s talents and gave him chance after chance to prove himself. Dhoni repaid the trust with ODI innings of 148 and 183 within a year of his debut, making him a sensation all over India.
MS Dhoni scored his highest runs in the One-day international cricket when he hits 183 runs in just 145 balls against mighty Sri Lanka, he just broke the record which he sets against Pakistan, and with those outstanding knocks, he just concreted his spot in the Indian cricket team.
- Dhoni made his ODI debut in 2004 against Bangladesh.
- In His fifth ODI against Pakistan Dhoni Scored a smashing 148 runs.
- MS Dhoni’s highest score in ODI is 183 runs against Sri Lanka.
MS Dhoni-Test Cricket:
In 2005, MS Dhoni made his test debut for team India by replacing Dinesh Karthik, the very first test match of the played declared washed away due to rain. In his second test match against Sri Lanka, he scored a half-century against them.
In the year 2006 Dhoni scored his first test century against Pakistan and it was the fastest test century hit by any Indian wicket keeper batsman. Dhoni also holds the record to score 244 runs in a test match against Australia which is the highest ever run score by any Indian wicket-keeper batsman and third-highest score by any Indian skipper.
Mahi is among India’s most successful captain for team India with his outstanding stats of 27 wins of 60 matches, he announces his retirement from test cricket on 30th December 2014 and now the legendary Virat Kohli is leading team Indian in place for him.
- In 2005 MSD made his test debut replacing Dinesh Karthik.
- Dhoni scored his first test century against Pakistan.
- Dhoni also holds the record to score 244 runs in a test match against Australia.
- Dhoni is among India’s most successful captain for team India with his outstanding stats of 27 wins of 60 matches.
MS Dhoni T20-International Career:
The Ranchi boy is leading Team India from his very first world cup and he has been a part of this format from its beginning, he is among the players who played India’s first T20 match against South Africa in 2005, though in his first match he scored duck against the Proteas.
Dhoni won the first T20 world cup gong with Team India, apart from his captaincy he played a scintillating role for team India in the Middle-order as a finisher, His outstanding Innings against Australia booked a place in the finals for Team India against Pakistan.
In the final with his instincts and his bold discussions in the crucial stage of the game knocked Pakistan out to from the Final race and Team India won the inaugural edition of the tournament.
Mahi also played an important role in the 2014 World cup where team Indians reached the final but lost it against Sri Lanka.
- Key Points:
- Dhoni played the first T20 match for tea Indian in 2005 against South Africa.
- Dhoni won the first T20 world cup in 2007 with the Men In Blues.
- MSD also played an outstanding role in the 2014 world cup wherein the final they eventually lost.
MS Dhoni-IPL Career:
MS Dhoni has one of the most captivating and illustrious careers in the Indian premier league, after his success in the first T20 world cup as a captain and as a finisher, in the IPL auction Chennai Super Kings booked his services, He was the most expensive player in the first edition of the IPL, and under his supervision, CSK won two back to back IPL trophies in 2010 and in 2011.
Chennai Super Kings and Rajasthan Royals got suspended from by the BCCI for two years for some incident in that two years he represented Risin Pune Supergiants, after leading Pune he again featured with Chennai Super Kings and won the title in 2018 and in that same year he was in red hot form for the champions by scoring 455 runs for in the Tournament.
MSD is the only skipper to lead his team in nine IPL finals.
- Dhoni is one of the most successful captains in the history of IPL.
- IN IPL MSD won three IPL trophies with Chennai.
- He won two back to back IPL trophies in 2010 and in 2011.
- When Chennai Super Kings got banned for two years he played for the Rising Pune Supergiants.
MS Dhoni-World Cup and ICC Trophy:
MS Dhoni world cup tales is not unknown to any cricketing fans, Dhoni is the only Indian Skipper to claim two world cup trophies and one ICC Champions Trophy.MS Dhoni Biography is incomplete without his winning tales at the grand stage of the world cup.
Dhoni played his first world cup in the year 2007 under the leadership of Rahul Dravid where team India cooked their ticket back to home in the first round after losing the game against Sri Lanka and Bangladesh,
Dhoni was also unable to perform in the bigger stage as he bagged ducks in both the innings, after the disappointing performance in the World cup, the Wicket-keeper batsman faced highly criticism and also few fans attacked his house in Ranchi.
By the year in the next 2011 world cup, Dhoni was the captain of the Men In Blue in all the formats, and in that it was the year where every Indian was counting on him to bring back the trophy home after 1983, and it was Sachin Tendulkar’s last world cup as well so the expectation was very high from the team.
After two gruesome matches against Australia and Pakistan in the Quater final and in the Semi-Final, Team Indian envisaged their neighboring country, Sri Lanka, in the final at Wankhede Stadium, Sri Lanka given the target of 275 runs and 2011 World cup Dhoni Scores pivotal 91* runs in just 79 runs and MS Dhoni finishes of in a style with a maximum in MS Dhoni style and won the match for the team.
In 2011, Dhoni was Included by Times magazine on its list of “Most Influential People in the World.” In 2012, SportsPro rated Dhoni as the sixteenth most marketable athlete in the world. In June 2015, MSD got the 23rd rank in the Forbes list of highest-earning sportsman in the world.estimating his earnings at the US $31 million. In 2016, a biopic M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story was made about him.
In the next year world cup under the guidance of MS Dhoni team, India reached the Semi-Final stage, but in the Semi’s Team, India faced the host country Australia and lost the match in the Sydney cricket ground.
Mahi played his last world cup with Team India at the age of 38 years, he faced much criticism for his batting in the World cup as his strike rats were not that good.
But by using his experience he formed a strong partnership with Rabindra Jadeja in the Semi-Finals where the team faced New Zealand, it looks like he will sail India to the finals but all he got run out and all the hopes got faded away of the Indian fans.
- Dhoni won the first T20 World cup in 2007.
- In 2011, Dhoni won the World cup in fifty over format.
- In 2013 team India won the ICC Champions trophy under his supervision.
- Dhoni is the first Indian skipper to won all the ICC trophies.
- Under his supervision, Team India also won the Asia Cup as well.
- MSD led India to number 1 in test ranking for the first time ever in 2009.
- Dhoni is the third captain overall to win 100 games.
- Dhoni remains the most successful Indian Test captain with 27 Test wins.
- He is the first Indian wicket-keeper to score 4,000 test runs.
- Dhoni’s 224 against Australia is the third-highest score by an Indian captain, highest Test score by an Indian wicket-keeper and the highest score by a wicket-keeper–captain.
- Dhoni remains the most successful Indian Test captain with 27 Test wins.
- With 294 dismissals in his career, Dhoni tops the all-time dismissals list by Indian wicket-keepers.
- Dhoni has the most stumpings (38) to his name by any wicket-keeper in tests.
- Dhoni’s century against Pakistan (148) is the fastest century scored by an Indian wicket-keeper and fourth overall.
- He holds the record for most scalps in an innings (6) and in a match (9) by an Indian wicket-keeper.
Records In ODI:
- MS Dhoni is the fourth Indian to reach 10,000 ODI runs milestone and only the second wicket-keeper to achieve the feat.
- First Indian and fifth overall to hit 200 sixes in ODIs.
- The first player to cross 10,000 runs in ODI cricket with a career average of over 50.
- The only player to score a century in ODI cricket when batting at number 7 or lower.
- Dhoni has the most number of career runs in ODI batting at number 6.
- Most not-outs (82) in ODIs.
- Dhoni’s 183* against Sri Lanka in 2005 is the highest score by a wicket-keeper.
- Most dismissals in an innings (6) and career (432) by an Indian wicket-keeper.
- India’s highest eighth-wicket partnership in ODIs with Bhuvneshwar Kumar.
- MSD’s 113 against Pakistan in Chennai in 2012 is the highest by a captain batting at number 7.
- MSD has the record for playing the most matches in ODI history as the captain while also servings as a wicket-keeper (200).
- Dhoni has managed to have the most stumpings (120) by any wicket-keeper in an ODI career
- First Indian wicket-keeper to have the distinction of taking 300 ODI catches and fourth wicket-keeper overall in the world to achieve the feat.
Records in T20:
- Most consecutive T20I innings without a duck (84)
- He also has played the most matches as captain in T20Is
- MSD has the played the ost matches in T20 International history as both captain and wicket-keeper
- Dhoni has the most wins in T20Is as captain
- Dhoni holds the record for featuring in the most T20I innings (76) and scored the most runs (1,153) before scoring a fifty.
- Most dismissals as wicket-keeper in T20Is (87).
- Dhoni has the most stumpings as wicket-keeper in T20Is (33).
- Most catches as keeper in T20I innings.
- He has most catches as wicket-keeper in T20Is (54).
Records in IPL:
- Most Runs by a captain in IPL.
- Most No. of stumpings in IPL.
- Most Sixes by an Indian player in IPL.
- Best Batting average by an Indian Batsman in IPL.
- Most matches played and won as a captain in IPL.
MS Dhoni-Awards and Achievements:
- Padma Bhushan – 2018.
- Indian Army conferred the honorary rank of Lieutenant Colonel to MS Dhoni on 1st November 2011.
- ICC World ODI XI Captain – 2009.
- ICC World Test XI Captain – 2009, 2010, 2013.
- De Montfort University’s Honorary doctorate in August 2011.
- Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna – 2007.
- Padma Shri – 2009.
- ICC ODI Player of the Year – 2008, 2009.
Unknown Facts about MS Dhoni:
- It was the Master Blaster who recommended Dhoni as the next Indian captain in 2007.
- Team India’s most successful captain for the team in the test cricket.
- The second Indian skipper to win the first test match in home condition and in away condition.
- First Indian wicket-keeper batsman to score more than 4000 runs in test cricket.
- First Indian wicketkeeper who has stumped more 200 times in test cricket.
- The second Indian cricketer after Kapil dev who has received the Honorary rank.
- Dhoni once said his long hairstyle was inspired by the Bollywood star John Abraham.
- Dhoni Learned the Helicopter shot from his friend Santosh Lal.
- Dhoni is a Huge WWE Buff.
- Dhoni Met his wife first time at the “City of Joy”- Kolkata.
Unknown facts about MS Dhoni:
1.No Stumping in First edition of IPL:
Since the first IPL, Mahendra Singh Dhoni sticks with the Chennai Super Kings, In the first season Chennai Super Kings announce him as the skipper of the squad and he took his side in the final in the first edition.
We Know how good Mahendra Singh Dhoni is when it comes to stumping and finishing the match, but in the first-ever IPL season, Mahendra Singh Dhoni failed to do any stumping for the CSK side.
2. Mahendra Singh Dhoni’s favorite football star and his club:
We all are aware of the fact is how big football fan Mahendra Singh Dhoni is and he even used to play football at his school level, and though many Dhoni fans might not aware of his favorite football player and his favorite club.
In one interview the superstar Mahendra Singh Dhoni reveals that now in this present generation he is a big fan of Argentine star Lionel Messi and earlier he used to like Zinedine Zidane, and he always supports the English giant’s Manchester United.
3. Recommendation from Sachin Tendulkar:
In the 2007 T20 world cup all the framed Indian players like Sachin Tendulkar, Sourav Ganguly, and Rahul Dravid decided to not to take a part in the world cup and in the placement of them Virender Sehwag’s name allotted to lead the side in the 2007 T20 World cup, but it was Master Blaster who recommended Mahendra Singh Dhoni to be the skipper after looking at his sharp cricketing brain.
4. Former Pakistani President loved his hairdo:
In a famous post-match presentation where Former Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf was present on that day stated that he liked the long hairstyle of Mahendra Singh Dhoni and also said he doesn’t need to change that style.
Former Pakistani President expressed:
“I saw a placard which said ‘Dhoni has a haircut’. If you want to take my opinion, you look good… Don’t have a hair cut.”
5. Dhoni’s wife did not like his long haircut:
In one interview the better half of Mahendra Singh Dhoni said she never liked the long hairstyle of Mahendra Singh Dhoni, and also she would not even look at him if he had that long hairstyle when they met for the first time.
Mahendra Singh Dhoni is a huge fan of Bollywood star John Abraham and he tried that look after getting inspired by John Abraham.
6. Exam marks:
Dhoni always maintain a balance between his sports life and studies and he also accepted it many times that he was not that good in studies, in his 10th standards Mahendra Singh Dhoni scored 56 Percentage and in his 10+2, MS Dhoni scored 66 percent overall.
7. The helicopter Shot Story:
In the game of cricket Dhoni introduced the Helicopter shot, to play the Yorker deliveries the superstar used the Helicopter shots, his childhood friend Santosh Lal taught Mahendra Singh Dhoni this shot.
MS Dhoni-Marriage and Love Story:
The love of Dhoni’s life Sakshi Rawat Singh born in Guwahati, Assam on 19th November 1988, daughter of R.K Singh and Sheila Singh, she also has two siblings named Abhilasha Bisht and Akshay Singh, Now Sakshi Rawat age is just 31 years old 7 years younger than MS Dhoni.
On the personal front of his life, Dhoni is married to Sakshi Rawat. Although both Sakshi and Mahendra Singh Dhoni knew each other since childhood, they did not fall in love until they grew up. Dhoni and Sakshi’s father worked in the same company, MECON, in Ranchi. Both their families shared a cordial relationship, and the young buds went to the same school in Ranchi.
And, before cupid could roll out its arrows, Sakshi’s family got shifted to Dehradun, where her grandfather was already staying, and the two of them became out of touch. However, destiny has something else in mind and the couple finally met after a gap of almost a decade, miles away from their home, in the ‘City of Joy’, Kolkata. Dhoni and Sakshi incidentally met each other at the Taj Bengal, during Team India’s stay in November-December, 2007.
At that time, India was playing against Pakistan at the Eden Gardens. Sakshi Rawat, who was an intern working at Taj Bengal was introduced to MS Dhoni, by his manager, Yudhajit Dutta. Sakshi was friends with Yudhajit. It was as if they were fated to be together because that day was the last working day of Sakshi’s internship at the hotel. When Sakshi left, Dhoni asked Dutta for her number and texted her.
They started contacting each other via texts and calls and finally started dating in March 2008. Sakshi even attended Dhoni’s birthday bash that same year. The wooing continued on from Dhoni’s part for two years before Sakshi finally accepted his marriage proposal.
MS Dhoni married date is on July 4, 2010, in a secretive manner, away from the eyes of the paparazzi. Many of Dhoni’s friends from sports, politics and film fraternity attended the wedding and blessed the couple.
No one knew much about Sakshi Rawat before she tied the knot to India’s most eligible bachelor. For her wedding day, she picked a red and green Sabyasachi lehenga, like a regular customer. It was only after the information was provided by the salesgirl that Sabya got to know about his special client.
The ring ceremony was held at Hotel Competent in Dehradun, on Saturday, July 3, 2010. And, the wedding ceremony was held the next day, that is, Sunday, July 4, at Vishranti Resort, near Dehradun. The event was graced with the presence of Bollywood actors like John Abraham, director, Farah Khan, Dhoni’s teammates, Suresh Raina, RP Singh, Harbhajan Singh, Ashish Nehra, and Indian politicians, Sharad Pawar, Vasundhara Raje, and others.
It is believed that Dhoni’s performance as a player got better post his marriage to Sakshi. Although Sakshi loves cheering her husband from the stands, she prefers to stay away from the media. Even for Dhoni, it is good that Sakshi is not too much in the limelight because as a cricketer.
He wants to focus on his career first. He said in an interview that the country comes first for him, followed by his parents and then by his wife. However, Sakshi has proved to be a lucky charm for him, having been there with him in World Cup and IPL triumphs.
Thus, we see that Dhoni is living out the ideal life, playing for his nation and having a loving family. Also, Dhoni is among one of the best captains to have guided India throughout the years. Very few people can argue with that.
- MSD Dhoni wife Sakshi Rawat was born on 19th November 1998.
- Dhoni and Sakshi’s father used to work in the same Organization.
- Dhoni and Sakshi met each other for the first time in Kolkata at the “Taj Bengal”.
- It was Dhoni who texted her for the first time.
- The beautiful couple tied their knot on July 4th,2010.
- The ring ceremony was held at Hotel Competent in Dehradun.
- In 2015, the couple got blessed with a lovely daughter named Ziva Dhoni.