Harry Maguire Respects Leicester’s Decision to Not Sell Him

Harry Maguire, the centre-back of England national team who plays for the club Leicester City, said that he is happy with his club’s decision to block him from going to Manchester United.

Football news: The defender knew he would be approached after the World Cup and is happy not to leave Leicester

United boss Jose Mourinho had wanted to bring the 25-year-old defender to the Red Devils after the Russia World Cup, but The Foxes had refused any offers.

Maguire had been a star for England in Russia 2018 and after joining the club, he scored a dramatic last-gasp winner against 10-man Southampton as Leicester won the match 2-1 on Saturday.

Maguire had known that after his exploits in the World Cup, interests from other club will come. And now with the transfer window closed, he is happy to solely focus on his career at Leicester.

"I want to be on the pitch, whether it is for someone else or for Leicester," said Maguire.

"There was always going to be interest over the summer after the team doing so well in Russia but the owners reiterated I was not for sale and I respected their decision.

"They gave me the opportunity to play for this club, such a good club on the rise and I respected their decision. My mind has been fully on Leicester since then.

"I've been really impressed since I came back. The people brought in seem to have fitted in really well and I think we'll only get better.

"I'm an ambitious player and I think we have a really good, talented squad. If we stick together, we can be a real force this year."

Leicester will next play in the Carabao Cup in the League Cup before they face off against Liverpool in the Premier League on September 1.

Facebook Comments