Today’s cricketing trends on social media circled around some major retirement announcements. There were speculations that Pakistan cricketer Mohammad Hafeez would retire at the end of the day.
He did announce his retirement from Test cricket in front of the reporters. Hafeez has said that the ongoing Test match would be the last of his career. He has also mentioned that he is indeed happy with the way things have panned out.
Later Indian opener Gautam Gambhir took to his official Facebook page to announce his retirement from all forms of the game. He posted a long and elaborate farewell video for his fans.
Through the video he mentioned his highs and lows of his career. He also mentioned the reason for which he had to take the tough call.
Gambhir has called upon all the people, who has been part of his wonderful journey, and has thanked them for their support. As a professional cricketer, the upcoming Ranji Trophy match between Delhi and Andhra would be his last game.
1. Mohammad Hafeez called it time on his Test career, will now focus on ODIs leading into the World Cup 2019
M extremely Satisfied & Proud to announce my retirement from Test cricket, It’s been incredible journey of my life.Would like to thank all who helped me in this beautiful journey of my test career.
— Mohammad Hafeez (@MHafeez22) December 4, 2018
2. It turned out to be a day of retirements as Gambhir also announced his retirement from all forms of the game
The most difficult decisions are often taken with the heaviest of hearts.
And with one heavy heart, I’ve decided to make an announcement that I’ve dreaded all my life.
— Gautam Gambhir (@GautamGambhir) December 4, 2018
3. Ramesh Powar shares his best wishes for Gauti
@GautamGambhir congratulations on a wonderful career. one of the best batsman in world cricket ,specially against spinners. @GautamGambhir made my generation of spinner realise how important bowling skills were.
Punished the quality balls also
Privileged to share memories with u pic.twitter.com/TvcsCXH1eA
— ramesh powar (@imrameshpowar) December 4, 2018
4. Mohammad Irfan congratulates Hafeez for a remarkable Test career
— Mohammad Irfan (@M_IrfanOfficial) December 4, 2018
5. Ramiz Raja is quite intrigued by the way the 3rd Pakistan vs New Zealand Test is shaping up
After 2 days, still not sure which way this test is heading #PakNZ. But loving the turns and twists. So please let me hear from you which team is ahead or can win!!
— Ramiz Raja (@iramizraja) December 4, 2018
6. Suresh Raina in chill mode
— Suresh Raina🇮🇳 (@ImRaina) December 4, 2018
7. Sachin Tendulkar who is a Group Captain with the Indian Air Force shared his best wishes for the Indian Navy personnel on Navy Day
— Sachin Tendulkar (@sachin_rt) December 4, 2018
8. Mayank spent the morning climbing the Parihaka Reserve
A morning well spent climbing the Parihaka Reserve! 😍😍 pic.twitter.com/QpDbXTguZz
— Mayank Agarwal (@mayankcricket) December 4, 2018
9. A good perspective to adopt in our lives from Bhajji
— Harbhajan Turbanator (@harbhajan_singh) December 4, 2018
10. Suryakumar the amazing bowler Ajinkya Rahane on his birthday
— surya77 (@surya_14kumar) December 4, 2018
11. Sanjay Manjrekar wants to remind Harmanpreet of the results the India Women’s team managed under the previous coach
Harmanpreet needs reminding that when Powar was not coach India reached the finals of the WC and almost won it. By suggesting that if Powar is removed we have to start from scratch is an exaggeration of any coach’s role in the team.
— Sanjay Manjrekar (@sanjaymanjrekar) December 4, 2018
12. Robin Uthappa on his rehab journey ticked another box and is taking one step at a time
— Robin Aiyuda Uthappa (@robbieuthappa) December 4, 2018
13. Hardik subtly showing off his aesthetic body
Hard work and hustle ♠🔥 pic.twitter.com/fGHcRS2gw9
— hardik pandya (@hardikpandya7) December 4, 2018
14. The two strengths of Hanuma Vihar’s life and his lifelines
— Hanuma vihari (@Hanumavihari) December 4, 2018
15. Rahul had a great time in Dubai with his friends
— Rahul Sharma (@ImRahulSharma3) December 4, 2018