The effect of the Pulwama attack is still alive in the hearts of every Indian. It has deeply effected the world of cricket too. BCCI is seriously considering to boycott Pakistan in the upcoming World Cup.
Not only the general public but also some big names have decided in favour of boycotting Pakistan. However recently some Government sources have advised BCCI to not take any decision in a hurry. They feel that it could land the cricketing board of India in deep trouble.
According to reports from Times of India, CoA has drafted a letter and sent it to ICC chairman Shashank Manohar on Thursday. The letter contained the request to ban Pakistan from 2019 World Cup. If they don’t do so, then India will withdraw their name.
The final call regarding is likely to be taken some time this week. However some government officials have asked BCCI to remain patient in this matter. They believe ICC may impose a ban on BCCI if the latter decide to boycott Pakistan and forfeit the game.
“We should not get isolated in order to isolate Pakistan,” the sources told NDTV. “By not playing against Pakistan, we will be giving them a walk-over.”
“Punitive action can be taken against us. ICC can even impose ban on BCCI. There is still lot of time. We should not react in hurry,” they further added.
More Articles Related To Cricket:
- BCCI Official Feels Pakistan Can’t Be Disallowed In WC
- Indian Superstar Ruled Out Of Aussie T20I-ODI Series
Huge demand for India-Pakistan match tickets
Both the teams are scheduled to face each other on 16 June in group match in Manchester. Although there is an uncertainty regarding the event, yet there is no dent in the popularity of the clash.
World Cup tournament director Steve Elworthy revealed earlier this week that the demand for tickets are very high. He even revealed that the demand is even higher than Australia-England clash or the final at the Lord’s.
Elworthy said to ESPNCricinfo, “That particular game (India vs Pakistan), we had over 400,000 applications for tickets, which is an incredible number. The stadium (Old Trafford) only holds 25,000 people. So there are a number of disappointed people. That’s just locally, but (there is also) the audience globally.”
The mega-tournament will begin from 30 May where the hosts England will face South Africa in the opening game.