The Run Machine or we can say King Kohli, currently the skipper of the Indian national team, the right handed batsman regards as a one of the best batsman of this generation, ESPN ranked the Delhi boy as one of the best sportspeople in this world. Virat Kohli Biography is one the most telling life story you heard of.
VIRAT KOHLI BIOGRAPHY
On 5th November 1988 Virat Kohli was born in Punjabi Khatri family in Delhi, in his family his father Prem Kohli was a criminal lawyer, and Saroj Kohli his mother is a housewife, he also got two siblings, his elder brother Vikhas and his elder sister Bhavana, and his nephew Aarav, we have seen Aarav supporting Virat in many IPL matches. Recently Virat tied his knot with the Bollywood diva Anushka Sharma.
He did his schooling from Vishal Bhrati public school and after witnessing his talent his neighbours asked Virat’s father not to waste his time on Gully cricket so his father took him to Rajkumar Sharma, and according to his first mentor he was very enthusiastic about cricket from his childhood days, he was willing to bat at any position and it was hard for Rajkumar Sharma to send him home after the training session is over as he wouldn’t just leave.
Virat Kohli Biography: Receiving prize from Ashish Nehra
He made his first class debut in the year of 2006, before that he represented Delhi in different age group level, in 2008 at Malaysia he led the U 19 Indian team to win the U 19 world cup for the second time and after his wonderful performance at the u 19 level he gets call for the senior Indian team. At only 19 years age he was in the Indian squad though in the first few days he was on the benched but soon he got the opportunity and proved his worth to the team and cemented his spot in the playing eleven. He has won the 2011 world cup with the Men in Blues, and in that year he made his test debut for India. And soon in 2013 he was announced the No 1 batsman by ICC because of his scintillating knocks for Men In blues.
Virat Kohli Biography: lifting U19 World Cup
In 2012, he was appointed as new ODI Vice-captain under MS Dhoni, and one year later in 2014 he was named the Indian test team captain as captain cool MSD pull the curtains from test cricket in that year. And under Virat team Indian has won the ICC Number 1 Test cricket team trophy and won back to back test series.
In 2014 for the first time he led team Indian in the test match against Australia as Dhoni was not part of that test team and in his first test match as captain he smashed a brilliant ton against the Aussies and becomes the fourth Indian player to score a ton as a debut captain.
Virat Kohli Biography: Receiving Test mace
Kohli has shown the cricking world how to chase with his brilliant chasing skills, he has turned the tide in many situations for team India while chasing, in Commonwealth Bank triangular series against Australia and Sri Lanka, Kholi made two fifties, in that series in a crucial match against Sri Lanka, where the Lankans has put a mammoth 321 scores on the scoreboard, in that match Kohli came on the crease when India was 86 for two and he has shown the world his chasing skills and scored a splendid 133 runs in just 86 balls and gave the Men in Blue a comfortable win with 13 overs to spare.
In the year of 2016 ICC T20 World cup, he played some match-winning innings for team India against Pakistan where he scored 55 runs at Eden Gardens and also in a do or die match against Australia he has got 82 runs in just 51 balls, those innings by him are the innings by a sheer class.
VIRAT KOHLI RECORDS
- He is the only player who has got more than 300 runs in more than six bilateral series; no other player in the world has managed to achieve that.
- In 2017 he broke AB De Villiers records of 9000 runs in 215 innings, by scorning the same amount of runs in just 194th Innings.
- He is the only batsman in the world of Cricket who has got the average over 50 in every format of the game.
- Rahul Dravid and Sir Don Bradman have got three double centuries in a test match in three back to back series and Kohli is the only player who has got four back to back double centuries in four consecutive test series.
- He is the fastest player to score past 1000 runs in the shortest format of the game; in just 27 matches he has done it, 5 less than the English batsman Kevin Pieterson.
- He has broken the Master Blaster Sachin Tendulkar’s record to score most No of Hundreds while chasing for team India, While Sachin has 17 centuries while Chasing for team India, he has 18 centuries.
- He is the only test skipper to score three hundred in his first three Test innings, he has achieved this great feat against the Mighty Australians.
- He has got the highest runs in the shortest format of the game, earlier him the New Zealander Brandon McCullum held the record.
- As a skipper, he is the fastest to score 20 ODI centuries to his name in just 93 Innings.
- Virat Kohli has got three double centuries in test cricket in back to back years.
- He has scored 1500 runs with an average of over 50 in international cricket.
- In the Span of 499 days Virat has scored his first and sixth double century for team India and this is the shortest span, earlier Sir Don Bradman has this record to his name in 581 days.
- Because of his mesmerizing, fear-free batting style he has been the recipient of many awards like ICC Cricketer of the year award in 2017, ICC ODI player of the year in 2012 and in 2017, also in 2013 he has received the prestigious Arjuna awards, in 2017 he was bestowed with the Padma Shri Award as well.
- He played IPL with the Royal Challengers Bangalore side, in his first season with the RCB in 2008 he only managed to score 165 runs with an average of 15, after that he started to uplift his game, as in the third season he was the third highest run-getter in the tournament.
- In 2013 he named the captained of the side, though in his first year as a captain he struggled a bit but did well with his willow, he has scored total 634 runs in that year. In 2016 under his captaincy RCB end the season as a runners-up, while in that year Kohli has created a record by scoring 973 runs in his 16 innings with an average of 81.08, and won the orange cap. This year he was again retained by his side with INR 15 Cr.
VIRAT KOHLI CHILDHOOD
Baby boy Virat Kohli enjoying drinks break
Attraction for caps even before he donned the captain’s cap!
Virat Kohli ready to take on opposition
From munching on burgers to a zero-carb diet, Virat has come a long way
Virat Kohli with siblings
Virat Kohli rasing his bat poses
Virat Kohli practising rides to on his way to glory
Virat Kohli skiing before skiing became mainstream
VIRAT KOHLI FAMILY
Virat Kohli with His Father Prem in His Childhood
Virat Kohli with His Mother Saroj Kohli
Virat Kohli with His Nephew Aarav
Virat Kohli with His Wife Anushka Sharma