Root regretted bitterly for his guilty mind in the Englands defeat at lords.
Table Of Content
- 1 Root regretted bitterly for his guilty mind in the Englands defeat at lords.
- 2 England’s vice captain and also one of the most dependable batsman of his side Joe Root was being recently promoted to bat at no. 3 came in to bat when England was in a very needy position for his vice captain to play a trusted innings and lead the team towards the path of victory.
- 3 When root came in to bat England scorecard read 47 for the fall of 2 wickets .And after getting on with a much slower defending start he was batting at 9 after playing 30 odd deliveries.
- 4 While batting at 9 runs on a simple delivery bowled by Rahatali which was a reckless pull shot by taking the delivery out of the off stump gave away his precious wicket at a no cost delivery which was not at all required by the vice skipper to play such an delivery that could have been defended or let it go to the wicketkeeper.
- 5 Joe Root being the most consistent batsmen much was being expected when he stepped the ground at lords from him to go all over the innings and play a memorable knock to snatch away a memorable victory and get a lead in the first match of the test series.