ENG v PAK, 2nd Test Day 3 outlook: Pakistan on the way to a dreadful defeat.
Table Of Content
- 1 ENG v PAK, 2nd Test Day 3 outlook: Pakistan on the way to a dreadful defeat.
- 2 England lead by 489 runs after a showery Day 3, finishing the day on 98/1 after bowling Pakistan out for 198 and deciding to bat their second innings rather than enforcing the follow on. Would you have made the same decision as Alastair Cook.
- 4 Day 3 started with limelight backing up the Pakistan batting attack. Though some amount of patience was produced by Misbah-ul-Haq, Wahab Riaz, and Sarfraz Ahmed, visiting team failed miserably to overcome the attacks of Stuart Broad, James Anderson, and Chris Woakes. In the mean time Alastair Cook disappointed some people of his nation by not enforcing the follow-on and coming in to bat again by going on easy with the visitors.
- 6 Scores as of now:-
- 7 England 1st Innings: 589/8 (J Root 254; W Riaz 3/106)
- 8 Pakistan 1st Innings: 198 all out (Misbah 52; C Woakes 4/67)
- 9 England 2nd Innings: 98/1 (A Cook 49*; M Amir 1/36)