Bihar now a member of BCCI
Table Of Content
- 1 Bihar now a member of BCCI
- 2 According to the Supreme Court’s approval on Monday, Bihar gained the right of membership in Board of Cricket Control in India (BCCI).
- 3 Bihar Cricket Association (BCA) is now eligible to cast their vote in board elections and also to play in Ranji trophy and other domestic tournaments of the country as per the approval of Supreme Court verdict given on Monday. In 2001 when Jagmohan Dalmia was the BCCI president, Bihar was denied from the opportunity and BCA gave full membership to Jharkhand.
- 4 The problem that arised on 19 february this year was that BCA president Abdul Bari Siddiqui will have to leave BCA or his post of the finance minister of Bihar as Lodha Commission made it clear that serving ministers and bureaucrats can’t hold a position in the board.
- 5 “We respect the Supreme Court verdict. As per the Lodha recommendations, Bihar is now a full member of the BCCI, which means that we’re eligible to vote in the Board elections, and we can play in the Ranji Trophy from this season itself, which is the best news for our cricketers. Being a full member, we would now also be eligible for our share of the board’s grants, which will help us build infrastructure in our state and revamp the Moin-ul-Haq stadium in Patna,” the BCA secretary, Mrityunjay Tiwary told Times of India.