Belgian star player Eden Hazard has confirmed that he would be staying at Chelsea this year but on the same hand has not given any assurances for his future.
Football news: The Spanish window is still open but the Belgian’s confirmation has ended Madrid’s hopes
Although Hazard had previously hinted at leaving the Blues after the World Cup, his transfer has not been finalised while his international and former Chelsea colleague Thibaut Courtois completed his move to the Spanish Capital.
While there is a new contract on the table for Hazard but reports claim that he would not commit to any assurances as he has till got two years to run on his current contract.
The transfer window for the Spanish clubs is still open until August 31 but Hazard had dismissed any possibility of his move as Chelsea would not be able to find his replacement until January as the English transfer window is already closed.
"You know what I said after the World Cup. I'm happy here, I do not want to talk about that yet," he told RMC Sport after Chelsea beat Arsenal 3-2.
"Many things have been said - nonsense and everything.
"For now, I'm happy. I still have two years of contract [left] and we'll see what happens. I will not leave [this year].
"The transfer window in England is already closed. We can sell but we cannot sign players.
"It would be a bit strange for [Chelsea] to let me go and not recruit another player.
"We could see [against Arsenal] that the fans like me a lot. I feel good here. We'll see what happens in a year or two years."
Hazard came off the bench against Arsenal in the second half and put on an impressive performance as he set up the winning goal for Marcos Alonso as the Blues won 3-2 against the Gunners.